UNIX\LINUX Systems Implementation Expert
- Dusseldorf, centre 1
4900 - 6000 EUR netto
We're looking for an experienced UNIX\LINUX Systems Implementation Expert who is not afraid to join a global digital consulting company focused on building scalable software solutions and products from the ground up.
This is 3-months contract in Dusseldorf, Germany. English speakers are very welcomed.
The project is for a large telecom operator based in Dusseldorf.
It is possible to extend the contract for long-term cooperation.
Provision of implementation & Migration services to transform the legacy server environment
(physical and virtual) to latest scalable hardware with improvement in virtualization ratio,
Deployment and troubleshooting of the complete Unix environment including, but not limited to: Red
Hat Enterprise Linux,SuSE Linux Enterprise Server, AIX, Solaris, backup solutions (ideally NetBackup),
VMWare, Automated Server Build tools (AutoYaST, Kickstart), Scripting (Perl, Python, Bash), HP
Server support, Bladelogic.
The goal of this position is to deliver high quality solutions as part of a global projects team, working to agreed standards and delivering on time, for global projects across the world. Systems Administrator Lead works under general direction. Normally acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise the activities of llower level personnel
HP-UX, RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, Solaris and IBM – AIX operating systems.
• Perform hardware assembly, installation, configuration and network connection, and test of
platform, operating system software and program products at vendor-supportedlevels.
Hardware includes physical, blade, and virtual environments
• Identifies, develops and implements new and expanded support services or,
performance/tuning recommendations and changes in the workload mix, to meet user business
requirements and ensure availability of resources.
• Excellent skills with Linux/UNIX operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, HP-UX,
• Due-diligence of all current logical and physical assets ;
• OS, firmware and support software patch, change, deployment and test activities and
• Disk, file and share management;
• Security software, reporting, alerts and application management;
• User administration;
• Data Backup & Restoration processes, tests and reporting;
• Archiving processes and policy enforcement;
• OS level cluster configuration, testing, failover and failback;
• Advanced leadership skills