Mid/Senior Big Data Developer
17000 - 29000 PLN netto
17000 - 29000 PLN brutto
We are looking for a Big Data Developer, who would like to join a company that is a leader among development service providers.
They are known for architecting and delivering some of the largest digital transformation programs in:
- retail, brands, CPG, manufacturing, technology, financial sectors
to help its clients win market share, shorten time to market, and reduce costs of digital operations on a massive scale.
They offer close collaboration from digital transformation consulting to early prototypes to enterprise-scale delivery of new digital platforms.
Their headquarters are in Silicon Valley and they have over 3,000 technologists located in engineering delivery centers throughout the US, Western, Central, and Eastern Europe.
About the project:
The current project is for Apple, in Video Tools & Services team, under Video Data Engineering org in Apple Media Products Analytics Engineering division. Apple’s Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, their technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Their platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
In this position, you will develop distributed systems to establish, refine and automate our anti-fraud processes across our advertising surfaces. This role involves running big data analytics, and building large-scale data infrastructure, as well as detecting meaningful data patterns, assuring the integrity of the data, measuring fraud activity and its impact on the campaign and user performance, and finally, analyzing the results of mitigations against fraud. In addition, the successful candidate may also apply ML techniques for identifying characteristics and patterns related to fraud activity and implementing them to protect the company’s business.
- Strong computer science fundamentals;
- Prior experience with Java/Scala or equivalent;
- Apache Spark, experience debugging Spark Jobs;
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex problems and systems;
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams. Engineers should be available till 10 - 11 AM PST.
- Scala / Java, Spark, HDFS, Hadoop
- Apple-specific tools and libraries - very intensively as team is the key contributor (Kube, Hubble etc)
- Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes (Apple version or internal use on private cloud)
Nice to have:
- Gradle build system, typesafe-config;
- AWS knowledge related to S3 & Kubernetes.
1. Salary (net/month on B2B; gross on UOP):
- for mid - at the level of PLN 17k (~EUR 3 600) - PLN 23k (~ EUR 4 900)
- for senior - around PLN 24k (~ EUR 5 100) - PLN 29k (~EUR 6 200)
2. 100% remote / on-site / hybrid
3. Flexible working hours (the contract presumes 40 hours a week, but we are flexible)
4. Benefit basket and the insurance program